Monday 15 June 2015

I can't really describe how much I have missed laughing.

I have a few days off from blogging, mainly because I didn't want to think too much about how I felt for a few days. So today I have decided that I need to spend some time reflecting.

I have been feeling much better, even close to 'normal'.  I am starting to look back at the last few months as somewhere that I was and am not now, but even writing this makes me feel nervous, as I am terrified of going there again.  'Tiny steps' must be my mantra.  Most importantly I am managing to find some humour in things and laugh.   I can't really describe how much I have missed laughing.

I had a great bike ride yesterday with a colleague, who has become a real friend, particularly since I have been ill.  I really value his kind and gentle support.  I am, of course, annoyed that he is faster than me, especially up hills, but we can't have everything.


No comments: