Saturday 25 April 2015

So its the 25th of April, my birthday. I have never felt less like having a birthday, than I do today. We have gone away for a night in the camper van, to beautiful Woolacombe in North Devon. This is lovely, although my mood remains low. I am really hoping its the medication. I am now off of my old medication fully and taking some new. I have got to increase the dose later in the week. The doctor signed me off work for two weeks but I am really hoping to be able to go back after this, as it will get harder and harder to do so. The problem with teaching is you have to be at full strength because there are absolutely no hiding places in the classroom.

Tomorrow I am hoping to cycle down to Dartmoor and wild camp for a night Then cycle home on Monday. Its about 100miles altogether but does involve going over Exmoor and Dartmoor, so there's a good chance I will get the train home from Exeter on Monday. It will be a good warm up for France.


I will keep this blog very short today as it is very slow to load through Devon's Mobile phone system. Please keep reading and please post some comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike you're amazing!! I have 2 sisters suffering with depression/anxiety, one who is on medication & seeing a councillor, the other who refuses any help except a lot of support & messaging via fb, she lives in Ghana. Both depressions/anxiety initially began with (mentally) abusive partner/ husband. They are both in happier times now. I don't really understand enough of depression & so your bloggs have helped me to see a little more of what you & others suffer. It has also helped my children to understand something of depression as they know you & see you as a fun guy, we have talked about your bloggs & I hope this will help them to understand & respect people they may come across as they grow up who suffer from this illness. You're a brilliant teacher Mike because one of the most important things a teacher can do is to give their students the enthusiasm to want to learn & I know by your character & love of your subject that you are brilliant at exciting your students to learn. You're right stats don't matter, what matters is that kids want in themselves to do the best they can, that will ofcourse be different for every individual, but if the lust for learning isn't there then they're on a plane to nowhere. Hope you're back to it soon Mike. Thinking of you x Fran